Route Information: Ogallala, NE to Austin, TX
I need to be better about posting our route information for those RVers following us.
From Ogallala, NE we took the following route through Nebraska to Austin, TX
- NE State Hwy 61 South out of Ogallala, NE to the Kansas border
- NE State Hwy 61 becomes KS State Hwy 161 and terminates on US 36. We took US-36 East to KS State Hwy 25 South.
- KS State Hwy 25 hits US-40 which we took East to Oakley which of course is where we had our RV break and then camped for the night and the tornado, etc., etc., etc.
- After our brief stint down I-70 East to get the RV repaired at Grainfield, KS we started heading South again on US-83.
- US-83 joins with US-160 and both continue South until US-160 deviates East. We continued on US-83 through Liberal to the OK boarder.
- In OK, US-83 joins with US-270 for a short time until US-270 heads due East. We continued on US-83 all the way through OK to TX.
- Texas is a bit more tricky. There are many FM roads that I don’t think I recorded. I can tell you we followed US-83/US-62 until we hit US-277. There were some FM roads here that got us over to US-183 which took us all the way to Georgetown and Leander which is the area where we camped.
There ya go! I will post details about our Texas trip tomorrow. For now, night and safe travel!